Last Updated: September 10, 2020
The ModzyTM name, brand, and logo are a valuable and strategic assets of Modzy and are registered trademarks in the United States and other countries (collectively “Modzy Brand”). All other product names, logos, and brands located on the Modzy.com website are property of their respective owners.
A significant amount of Modzy’s brand value is derived from the positive experiences of our clients. By using our Modzy Brand, you to agree to share this responsibility in maintaining that positive experience. We provide these Guidelines to assist individuals and entities who wish to use the Modzy brand in cases where we permit it. You agree to the terms and conditions of Modzy Logo Usage Guidelines (“Guidelines”). We reserve the right to modify these Guidelines at any time in our sole discretion.
These Guidelines are designed to help you create compelling digital Modzy-branded experiences. Please email [email protected] for further information about using the Modzy Brand.
These Guidelines must be followed along with Modzy’s Terms of Service, End User License Agreement, and all Modzy’s rules and policies, posted on Modzy’s website or otherwise as applicable.
Terms and Conditions of Use
- Ownership of Mark: You acknowledge Modzy’s ownership of the Modzy Brand, and agrees that you will do nothing inconsistent with such ownership and that all use of the Modzy Brand by you shall inure to the benefit of and be on behalf of Modzy, and agrees that nothing in these Guidelines shall give you any right, title or interest in the Modzy Brand other than the right to use the Modzy Brand in accordance with these Guidelines. Your usage of the Modzy Brand and any resulting goodwill will accrue solely to Modzy’s benefit. You shall not at any time, do or cause to be done any act or thing challenging, contesting, impairing, invalidating, or tending to impair or invalidate any of Modzy’s rights in the Modzy Brand or any registrations derived from such rights.
- Limited Use: The Modzy Brand shall only be used for informational purposes to indicate that your product or service integrates or is compatible with Modzy or that you are an authorized Modzy distribution partner whose AI model is located on our Modzy platform.
- Quality Standards: You agree that the nature and quality of all services promoted by you in connection with the Modzy Brand shall conform to standards set by and under the control of Modzy. You shall use the Modzy Brand as described below and only in the form and manner prescribed from time to time by Modzy.
- You shall place the following notice (or any other notice that Modzy may request) including any content posted on any Internet site “Modzy is a registered trademark and service mark of Modzy in the U.S. and internationally and is used herein with permission. All rights reserved. Modzy does not endorse any vendor, product or service.”;
- You shall not display the Modzy Brand in any manner that might imply a relationship or affiliation with, sponsorship, or endorsement by Modzy, or that can be reasonably interpreted to suggest that any content has been authorized by or represents the views or opinions of Modzy without Modzy’s express written permission;
- You shall not use “Modzy,” or anything confusingly similar to “Modzy,” in the names of applications or AI models;
- You shall not feature the Modzy Brand in a more prominent manner than your own brand;
- You should always feature the Modzy name with a capitalized M;
- You shall follow the Modzy Community Guidelines when using or referencing the Modzy Brand;
- You shall always include a TM symbol for Modzy in the first instance of its use;
- You shall not register the Modzy Brand as domain names or as any part of a domain name.
- You shall not use the Modzy Brand in a manner that would disparage Modzy or its products or services.
- You shall not display the Modzy Brand in a manner is misleading, unfair, defamatory, infringing, libelous, disparaging, obscene or otherwise objectionable to Modzy.
- You shall use the Modzy Brand in conjunction with the TM notice for unregistered marks or the statutory notice of trademark registration where appropriate or when requested to do so by Modzy.
- No Modification: The Modzy Brand shall not be used with any modifications. You may not alter, distort, modify, or edit the Modzy Brand in any way without the express written permission of Modzy.
- How to receive access to Modzy logos: In order to receive high resolution versions of the Modzy logo or other brand elements, please contact us at [email protected].
- Infringement: In consideration for a license to use the Modzy Brand, you agree to cooperate in Modzy’s efforts to defend and protect the Modzy Brand. You shall notify Modzy of any potential or actual infringements of the Modzy Brand as may come to your attention. In consideration for access to the Modzy Brand, you waive and releases any right or claim it might otherwise have against Modzy in connection with the Modzy Brand other than those relating to the rights expressly granted to it under these Guidelines. If it is established that the third party’s claim, action, or demand resulted from the material breach of your obligations under these Guidelines, you shall reimburse Modzy for all costs and expenses incurred in defending the Mark.
- Limitation of Liability: In no event will Modzy’s liability under these Guidelines exceed FIVE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($500). The existence of more than one claim will not increase this limit.
- Disclaimer of Warranty: Modzy expressly disclaims all warranties, representations, and guarantees, whether oral or written, implied or statutory, with regards to the Modzy Brand, including, without limitation all warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, non-interference, and warranties arising from course of dealing or usage of trade, to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law.
- Termination: The limited use right to use the Modzy Brand may be terminated by Modzy immediately upon notice, with or without cause. Upon termination of the limited use right, all rights, and privileges granted to you hereunder shall immediately terminate, and you shall have no further right to use or license others to use the Modzy Brand.
- Governing Law: These Guidelines shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia. Each Party consents to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts of the Commonwealth of Virginia with respect to any actions for enforcement of or breach of these Guidelines.
- General: The section headings of these Guidelines are inserted for convenience only and are not intended to affect the meaning or interpretation of these Guidelines. If any term or provision of these Guidelines is found to be invalid under any applicable statute, ordinance, regulation, or rule of law, then, that provision notwithstanding, these Guidelines shall remain in full force and effect and such provision shall be deleted.